Melanie LeMay - writer.editor.designer
RSS

Recent Posts

Moved to Atlanta!
Why people like cats
When God allows pain
From dumpster to divahood! Bookshelf repurposed!
The repurposed bookcase: A metaphor

Categories

Atlanta
Food
General
Repurposed!
Starting Over
powered by

My Blog

When God allows pain

I was struck by this quote from The Joy Dare program's blog, A Holy Experience: "God doesn't allow pain unless He's allowing something new to be born."

What wise words! Newness so often carries pain in the beginning. Whether it's birthing a child, writing a book, moving to a new place, or beginning a new life, the machinations of bringing forth something unique can be very painful. Yet, if what we bring forth is worthwhile, we almost always end up concluding that yes, the pain was worth it.

I've been a professional writer for almost thirty years (by "profesional," I mean that I've made my living as a writer). Do I "enjoy" writing? In the early days, I didn't. It was sheet torture! As the years went by and writing itself became easier for me, I began to enjoy it more. Still, even today there are times when I find writing and artwork some of the alternately joyful and maddening. The saving grace is that often, when I look back at the work that irritated me most in process, I'm happy, proud and amazed that I actually created something so good!

When we're going through painful times, it's s comfort to know that the pain won't last forever, and that on the other side of the pain awaits some experience so new, so fresh and so unexpected that we never in our wildest dreams could have envisioned such s miracle coming into our lives. Right now I'm waiting and watching for my new adventure.

7 Comments to When God allows pain:

Comments RSS
Exercise Therapy Edmonton Calgary on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:19 AM
Thanks to you! Finally I found your blog post,actually i am suffering from lower back pain and your post really helpful for me.
Reply to comment

reflexology london on Sunday, January 24, 2016 2:28 AM
It certainly is my enjoyment to learn to read this stuff. I will be quite definitely enthusiastic about these kinds of subject areas coming from the child years and it's really my routine to learn to read this.
Reply to comment

urgent asignment help on Friday, March 30, 2018 4:31 AM
Professional writer enjoy writing always for the more alternately joyful and maddening amazed process. Concluding the perfect newness and better process machinations with this melanielemay blog,great adventure tips.
Reply to comment

professional resumes online on Sunday, December 09, 2018 8:04 PM
I don't believe in that. Do you think it's His will? That would be stupid.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:30 AM
Reply to comment

affordable dissertation writing on Monday, June 03, 2019 12:45 AM
What a very inspiring and knowledgeable blog. I am very agreeing with your point that God allows pain to have a more grateful future or outcome. I just want to share my own experience of having pain now, but a better future in coming, I am a professional programmer right now and before I got this titled and position, I face many challenges and pain from the past, like don’t have enough sleep to just study some Technic that may help to boost my skills, failing grade from my professor that push me to strive more effort in studying.
Reply to comment

sling tv free trial on Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:27 AM
sling tv free trial is just like any other OTT service like Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, Amazon, etc.
Reply to comment