Melanie LeMay - writer.editor.designer
RSS

Recent Posts

Moved to Atlanta!
Why people like cats
When God allows pain
From dumpster to divahood! Bookshelf repurposed!
The repurposed bookcase: A metaphor

Categories

Atlanta
Food
General
Repurposed!
Starting Over
powered by

My Blog

When God allows pain

I was struck by this quote from The Joy Dare program's blog, A Holy Experience: "God doesn't allow pain unless He's allowing something new to be born."

What wise words! Newness so often carries pain in the beginning. Whether it's birthing a child, writing a book, moving to a new place, or beginning a new life, the machinations of bringing forth something unique can be very painful. Yet, if what we bring forth is worthwhile, we almost always end up concluding that yes, the pain was worth it.

I've been a professional writer for almost thirty years (by "profesional," I mean that I've made my living as a writer). Do I "enjoy" writing? In the early days, I didn't. It was sheet torture! As the years went by and writing itself became easier for me, I began to enjoy it more. Still, even today there are times when I find writing and artwork some of the alternately joyful and maddening. The saving grace is that often, when I look back at the work that irritated me most in process, I'm happy, proud and amazed that I actually created something so good!

When we're going through painful times, it's s comfort to know that the pain won't last forever, and that on the other side of the pain awaits some experience so new, so fresh and so unexpected that we never in our wildest dreams could have envisioned such s miracle coming into our lives. Right now I'm waiting and watching for my new adventure.

17 Comments to When God allows pain:

Comments RSS
Exercise Therapy Edmonton Calgary on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:19 AM
Thanks to you! Finally I found your blog post,actually i am suffering from lower back pain and your post really helpful for me.

https://www.resumewriterslist.com/ on Saturday, November 30, 2019 2:15 AM
God doesn't allow his children to suffer pain needlessly. Pain is oftentimes the precursor of something good and positive that will happen. The loss of a family member is probably the worst thing that we could experience in life. It is painful to realize that we will never see this person again alive. But the meaning of that pain is relief for that person who is suffering on earth, whether physical or emotional. The loss of employment is also quite painful because it means loss and income and starting over again. But a new life in a new job, possibly in a new location, could herald good things to you personally and professionally.

reflexology london on Sunday, January 24, 2016 2:28 AM
It certainly is my enjoyment to learn to read this stuff. I will be quite definitely enthusiastic about these kinds of subject areas coming from the child years and it's really my routine to learn to read this.

urgent asignment help on Friday, March 30, 2018 4:31 AM
Professional writer enjoy writing always for the more alternately joyful and maddening amazed process. Concluding the perfect newness and better process machinations with this melanielemay blog,great adventure tips.

professional resumes online on Sunday, December 9, 2018 8:04 PM
I don't believe in that. Do you think it's His will? That would be stupid.

Anonymous on Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:30 AM

affordable dissertation writing on Monday, June 3, 2019 12:45 AM
What a very inspiring and knowledgeable blog. I am very agreeing with your point that God allows pain to have a more grateful future or outcome. I just want to share my own experience of having pain now, but a better future in coming, I am a professional programmer right now and before I got this titled and position, I face many challenges and pain from the past, like don’t have enough sleep to just study some Technic that may help to boost my skills, failing grade from my professor that push me to strive more effort in studying.

sling tv free trial on Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:27 AM
sling tv free trial is just like any other OTT service like Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, Amazon, etc.

192.168.l.l on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:37 AM
I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. The IP address 192.168.1.1 is one of the most common addresses for routers by different manufacturers. It can be helpful for a number of tasks. Apart from changing the settings it can also help you with administrative tasks. Read it for more information.

Danald Wilkins on Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:35 AM
Thanks for sharing such a great article. Google

Danald Wilkins on Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:36 AM
Thanks%20for%20sharing%20such%20a%20great%20article.%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fyahoo.com%2F%22%3EGoogle%3C%2Fa%3E

Pro Ana Tips And Techniques on Monday, February 3, 2020 1:35 AM
collarbones, flat waist and well-defined shoulder blades, and the suggested weight for the frame and length.

Useless Websites on Friday, February 7, 2020 3:32 AM
When God allows pain Useless Websites

23 is back on Monday, March 16, 2020 11:24 PM
23 is back https://23is-back.com/ 23 is back

small tattoos on Monday, March 30, 2020 1:53 AM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos

essay help uk on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:37 PM
GotoAssignmenthelp Service is a well-established and prominent name in providing high-quality cheap assignment help online to students since almost a decade. You can trust our academic ghost writers completely to get best quality write-ups including case studies, research proposals, dissertations and theses, and more. It is the best do my matlab assignment service. Students should always keep themselves ready to meet the university requirements in order to achieve good grades, moreover, they prefer attending lengthy classes instead of writing assignments. Students who are not comfortable with writing assignments can avail university java help help at Gotoassignmenthelp Services comparatively low prices.

Sex Positions on Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:07 AM